Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Little Rosa


 8" x 8" acrylic on paper mounted on wooden canvas
$200

Yesterday my husband and I were in the city of Tuskegee, Alabama and we drove down Rosa Park Avenue.  I realized what courage she had to have to be such an activist in the civil rights movement.  I am taking a painting course that relies on intuitive painting.  In other words, painting, making marks and using the process of taking away as well as adding to allow the paint speak to you as you are painting.  When this little girl appeared I felt she had the look of determination in her eye that she would come to understand even more fully as she grew up.  I found this quote of Rosa Parks that I loved that seemed to say what this little girl was saying, "I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear".

Today when my dog, Max and I were walking around the lake I found several items to paint with. I use sweet gum balls, air moss and sticks to create unique marks with.  I came upon the most wonderful stick that had moss and other things growing on it.  the colors were wonderful and I decided to bring it home and use the colors in my painting.  



No comments:

Post a Comment