Friday, January 22, 2021

Motherhood - SOLD

14" x 11" on deep canvas (sides are 1 1/2" and painted)


 


If you are a mother or grandmother you might have read the book entitled, Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.  The little children's book is about a young mother who holds her newborn son and looks at him lovingly.  She sings to him:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I' living
my baby you'll be.

It is about the enduring nature of a parents' love and how it crosses generations.  I have found this to be true.  Today my 44 year old little boy came over to help move some furniture for me.  We sat and talked and shared a couple of moments.  I no longer see him as "my baby" but I do love him and I am so thankful and proud of the husband, father and son that he is.  I will love him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment