Tuesday, January 25, 2022

My Presence is a Promise - SOLD


 Recently a friend asked me to paint a redbird for her friend who had recently lost her sister.  The friend had come upon the story relating the sighting of a redbird as a sign that their loved one is near.  There are also stories of redbirds being a sign of hope or peace.  A message of a promise...a good promise.  The unknown can create doubt and questions about our faith of a life after death.  Doubt is not bad, it can actually be a way of finding faith because asking questions lead us to researching and that leads us to answers in our faith.  Faith is about taking a leap. There is a scripture of hope found in John 14:1-6 "Don't be troubled.  Trust in God.  Trust also in me.  My Father's house has room to spare.  if that weren't the case, would I have told you that I'm going to prepare a place for you, I will return and take you to be with me so that where I am you will be too." I admit I am always looking for "signs".  Signs that there is Someone greater who is orchestrating life and the situations that are beyond our limited minds and belief.  

I have been in a week of sadness as I am at that place of grief and questioning.  My sister in law who has been my "sister" for the majority of my life is facing those final moments in this life.  She is receiving palliative care and her time on earth is limited.  My friend had no idea that I needed to paint this redbird, not only for her friend but for myself.  I needed this reminder, this promise that our loved ones are at peace and I am counting on the fact that we will see them again.

Thank you Gale.

No comments:

Post a Comment