Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Three's Company - SOLD




 This Holiday weekend we spent time with grandkids and kids at the lake.  There was a lot of swimming, boating, riding on tubes, eating, playing and laughing.  I could not help to look at my grandkids who some are now taller than me and wonder when did they grow up?  I can remember when my kids, their parents, were the kids.   At that time, I was trying to balance a job, going to graduate school and feeding and bathing three kids.  I thought some days my life was impossible and I would never have a minute to myself again.  Older women told me that my children would grow up so fast and the time would just fly by.  I didn't think so.

When all the kids left the lake this week, my husband and I were on the deck with a lot of quiet.  We both said we could not believe how fast the years had gone.  Our kids are now grown up adults and their kids are well on their way to becoming adults.  There are times when I think my way of thinking is so right but I see the fault in that now.  I was so wrong.  I now have a lot of minutes to myself and at times secretly wish to revisit those old days when I was a young mother with days full of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment