Monday, January 7, 2019

Little Angel With Flute - SOLD


I am painting for the Jerry Brown Art Festival and today I have angels on my mind.  I finally finished this angel and I really like her.  She went through a lot of "ugly" stages before I found her and she made me think about the sermon I heard yesterday.  The pastor stated that some people do not want any part of church because they say there are too many hypocrites in the church.  He encouraged each of us to remove any critical spirits from our thoughts and that is one way we could try to be a better person.  Just taking care of what we can to try and be better, more caring individuals.  He talked about how it is so much easier to see the faults in others and not ourselves.   He said, "If you think you are perfect, just get married and you will soon find out that you are not."  I wonder if, like this angel, we just have to go through some "ugly" stages before we find ourselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment