Monday, December 26, 2016

He's My Friend - SOLD




  My assistant is a wonderful dog named Max.  Max is full of energy at times and he encourages me to walk.  He also will just sleep at my feet while I am painting and he provides great company.  Pets can make us happy.  There is actually a growing body of scientific research that shows that our pets can also make us healthy, or healthier.

That helps explain the increasing use of animals - dogs and cats mostly, but also birds, fish and even horses in settings ranging from hospitals and nursing homes to schools, jails and mental institutions.  

Though one might not immediately think of goats as a logical choice as a pet, these animals surprisingly exhibit many character traits that make them wonderful animal companions.  They are intelligent and curious animals and having one as a pet can be a truly enriching and wonderful endeavor.  

A friend provided the reference photo for this painting of her father and his pet goat.  I loved the interaction, the colors, the emotion and the relationship it displayed.  I hope I was able to convey that in this painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment