Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Bouquet




This was another painting from the Art Colony from last week. This painting was completed entirely with a palette knife. I love using the knife as it gives a completely different look and texture to paintings that I respond to. This is a 9" x 11" oil on canvas. 

 Next week I am off to Rome, Georgia to study with Guido Frick. The German-born painter, lives half of the year in Europe and travels the other half almost exclusively through America´s western states. I am fortunate that he will be in the South and I can study with him. In the early 1980´s he met with famous instructor and painter Sergei Bongart, and still considers this encounter as the most influential experience he has ever had as a painter. I look forward to studying with him as I love his work and that of Bongart. If you would like to see more of his work visit his website GuidoFrick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment