Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Holy Christ - SOLD

12 "x 9" acrylic on wooden canvas





This is Easter week and Christians believe that Jesus of Nazareth, a Jew of the first century of our era, is the fulfillment of the promise of the "anointed one".  In John 17:1-3 it says that the night before his death Jesus talks to his Father and says, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.  And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent".

Sometimes little kids can relay the gospel so much better and "real" than us adults.  I have the cutest little friend who is 8 years old.  She is such a "diva" and dresses up every day for school complete with stick on bracelets and shiny beads in her hair.  She has a backpack covered in sequins and bright pink tennis shoes.  I feel like she and I are kindred spirits.  We usually talk while she is waiting on the school but two weeks ago she was out of school for spring break and I caught up with her riding her bike while I was walking my assistant, Max.  I asked her what she had been up to since school was out.  She said, "Well, I talk to my friends, watch movies and watch music videos."  She told me she loved the group Pentatonix and especially when they sing, Mary Did You Know".  (You can click on this link to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE

I told her I love that song to and that it is one of my favorites.  She grew very serious and said, "did you know that there were some "thumbs down" given on that video?"  She said, "I mean what is wrong with these people?!  Do they not know the Holy Christ?!"  Every time I think about her saying that I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment