Friday, August 31, 2018

Southernmost - SOLD



I spent the last week in Key West with my dear friend. Such a great trip and  I have so many photos that I want to paint but I have to pace myself as I am completing Christmas commissions.  But there are some days when painting a special place or scene without any expectations helps me have a freedom in painting that I really enjoy.  I completely become enmeshed with the subject and I forget to eat or even leave my little studio.   

 Have you ever gone on a trip and you see something that you love.  The colors of the day, the way the house looks, the music you hear in the street and the people you see all create a "moment" in time?  This house near the Southernmost point in Key West did that for me. Not only that, someone recommended a great book while I was in Key West entitled, Southernmost.  I loved the book and it came to life when walking around the city and being in the exact places mentioned in the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment