Saturday, April 2, 2016

Roses and Ribbons



I have been focused on flowers this week and I enrolled in a short online workshop with Richard Robinson from The Complete Artist.  Enjoyed the video demo but painting roses is very hard for me.  I am not sure if I just have an artist block toward them or I have just not spent enough time painting them but I find them hard to paint.  They are like little puzzles that have to be carefully followed to get "put together".  In addition, I am not a very detailed oriented, realistic painter so it takes a lot of decision making in regard to soft edges and lost edges and how to complete the painting using red without having your entire studio, clothes, hair, lunch, walls everything not end up red.  Red just has a life of it's own and once out of the tube be careful.....it crawls around



No comments:

Post a Comment