Monday, September 23, 2019

Mama's House- SOLD





This house reminds me of my grandmother's house.  I remember walking in the room and it would be pretty warm even with the windows open and the fan going because Grandmother would be in the kitchen cooking something good in anticipation of our visit.  My brother and I called it "country cooking".  She had things like turnip greens, black eyed peas and mashed potatoes and of course, biscuits.  Sometimes we had country ham.  I remember we ran in and out of that screened door and it slammed behind us hundreds of times.  Grandmother never seemed to notice.  This week I celebrated my Birthday and my grandchildren presented me with homemade cards.  I absolutely loved their messages and hope they are holding fond memories in their hearts of the times they've spent with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment