Friday, April 26, 2019

Beach Babes - SOLD

This is one of my favorite paintings.  It is large, 24" x 30" and painted with a palette knife so the paint is thick and painted in an impasto style.  This picture of my friend and her children creates so many wonderful memories for me.  I loved playing on the beach with my children when they were young and today I love playing with my grandchildren. 

 I count myself blessed to have lived a life full of great friendships, exciting jobs, opportunities to lead women's retreats and speak at various functions.  Now I am truly living my dream as I can paint every day and spend time with friends and family.  As I look back on the things that have meant so much in my life I remember one day years ago when I was sad.  My 10 day old  daughter had just died from an overwhelming infection received at birth.  Even though I had her twin sister to care for and my 2 1/2 year old son, I found myself questioning my abilities as a mother.  I was "stuck" in the grief.  On that particular day I remember being busy and preoccupied washing clothes and straightening up the house and being lost in thought.   My little son called out to me and got my attention.  He said, "Momma, did you hear me?  I said you sure are a good Momma."  That simple little message from such a little fellow changed my perspective.  That was a turning point, a time when I knew it was time to move forward, hold the past in my heart but dedicate my time to my two little people right in front of me.  Five years later that very sad day, the day of my little girl's death became a Birthday as my youngest son was born on the same date.  God has a way of speaking that is personal.  I think every Mother loves to hear those words that she is a good mother.  Those word can heal a heart and create smiles that last a lifetime.
So to all of you mother's out there - hear these words:

"You sure are a good Momma!"

No comments:

Post a Comment