Thursday, December 6, 2018

"I've Got You Babe" - SOLD





I loved the way these two birds were huddled together and I heard that there is a new play on Broadway called the Cher Show.  These two reminded me of that song, "I've Got You Babe".  

On another note, today was art class with my grandchildren.  I try to expose them to different kinds of art but I do lean toward the impressionistic style that I am drawn to.  This year I taught 3 classes and the phrase I hear most often is, "I want to paint loose".  To paint "loose" it requires the artist to focus on shapes and colors more than content, for instance, don't set out to paint a blue bird but identify the shapes and colors within the big shape and allow the viewer room to interpret what those shapes and colors depict.  Today I was talking to the kids about warm and cool colors and I was so surprised that they knew what I was talking about.  My oldest grandson said, "you taught us that Mimi".  I then went on to explain that today we would paint some flowers in a vase in an impressionistic style.  I was describing to them how to be free with their brushes and just first randomly lay down some paint strokes.  One of the seven year olds said, "Mimi are you saying you just want me to go crazy with the paint?"  The other one said, "You have watched Mimi paint - yes, just go crazy."  Not sure that is exactly the idea I had in mind but their paintings did look very impressionistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment