Friday, November 30, 2018

I Am Right By You


I had the most wonderful day today.  I have two long time friends that I love with all my heart.  We meet together every couple of weeks and we have a Bible Study.  Today our lesson was on Jacob and Esau and the fact that their mother helped Jacob steal Esau's blessing.  The writer of the study said that even when she feels like she has been a bad mother she remembers that she never glued hair to her sons arm to steal another's family blessing.  We laugh and we identify with a teacher who can be honest and laugh in the middle of chaos.  We also have learned through our life experiences to do just that.  These two ladies and I know every little piece of each other's lives. The good, the bad and the parts we wish had been different.   We trust each other, we agree that we are seeking to be "real" in our lives and we are probably not considered to be conventional in any sense of the word.  Today I prepared lunch for them and after the study  we painted.  They had asked me to teach them....how humbling.  

 They are also great "squealers". I remember several years ago they attended an art show I was in and I won 3rd place.  They squealed!  I mean real loud, high pitched, excited squealing!  The kind of squealing that makes you feel something great is happening.  Today they squealed about the chicken stew and the lemon pound cake.  They then moved to  old paintings of mine and started the squealing and told me how much they love the paintings and could not believe that I did not have them displayed.   ( That really fuels my ego!) Anyway, today after they left, I find my paintings that I had stored in my garage arranged around my house.  This one is named "I Am Right By You". Such a reminder to me that I know  in my heart of hearts, whatever the circumstance, whatever the moment, each of us would be right by the other when needed. What a great blessing that I have these two squealers in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I saw something different until you told us the love behind it.

    ReplyDelete