Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Italian Sunshine - Gifted


Last year I was in Italy painting with several wonderful artists.  One day we spent climbing up a very large hill to the village of Pruno.  This village is built into a hillside with winding streets, beautiful buildings and flowers everywhere.  There were so many beautiful nooks and crannies it was hard to decide what to paint.  I read that there are only 121 inhabitants in the area.  We only saw a few people and the majority of those where in the restaurant where we were the only customers.  It was excellent and almost like being seated in the middle of a good, good novel that you do not want to end.  As I was hiking up to the village with all my gear (backpack, easel, paints, water, etc.), I thought to myself, "this better be good."   It was so much more than I could have imagined and I have gone back there in my mind so many times.  This particular scene reminds me of that special day. This painting of that special place is for someone very special to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment