Thursday, June 21, 2018

Brother From Another Mother - SOLD


I was asked to paint a picture of two friends who have been very close during their school years and now are on their way to college.  It was obvious by the reference photos that these two are very good friends, probably like brothers.  They have probably been through many things together, encouraging each other, listening to each other, helping each other out of trouble and obviously playing ball together.  Their relationship reminds me of how important special relationships are in our lives and how they can last a lifetime.  

This painting comes at a particular time of reflection at my house as my husband and I are leaving this weekend to travel back to our hometown where we finished high school.  It is his 50th reunion!!!  Where did that time go? Even the physical building is gone and I was given the honor of painting the old school.  During that process in preparation for the weekend,  we have relived many memories.  These two friends will take memories with them and hopefully will share them over and over and again in 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment