Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Painting En Plein Air - SOLD



This past week I painted "En Plein Air" with several wonderful artist friends.  En Plein Air is French for painting outdoors.  This is something I do not do very often and it is quite a challenge with wind, bugs and the need to capture the right scene without painting the entire countryside.  Our teacher for the week was Julee Hutchison.  Julee is an impressionistic painter from Telluride Colorado.  Her work is amazing. 






 Julee has the ability to paint the most descriptive, colorful scenes with unique strokes of her brush and creative colors that she seems to have an innate ability to mix.  (visit her website at http://www.juleehutchison.com)

I named my above painting "Lunch With Friends".  We had the most wonderful time learning to paint better outside and sharing stories, food and friendship....I looked across the field at these cows and thought they were doing the same.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you took pictures of Julee...what a great idea on your part. I enjoyed your blog for this day. I enjoy reading your connection of the cows' lunch with your lunch.

    ReplyDelete