Friday, March 16, 2018

My Heart's Home - SOLD



Home is  place where memories are made. Just looking at a depiction of the house we grew up in can bring back memories of Birthday parties, friends, special moments with siblings or parents.  There were times when I walked around my father's farm where he grew up and I felt close to those who had walked that land before.  Joseph Campbell said, "Sacred Space is where you can find yourself again and again."  That describes home to me.  

I found another quote stating that the role of home and sense of place in a person's life story can be significant.  As people age their life stories take on added importance.  "It moves from being just a story to becoming an actual resource that people rely on to remember their place in the world and their accomplishments." Not to mention this is the place where the tooth fairy first visited you.

No comments:

Post a Comment