Saturday, February 3, 2018

Wake Up to Hope - SOLD

14" x 14" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas


I spent the most wonderful lunch with an old friend yesterday, our lives crossed over 16 years ago and as life does sometimes, circumstances - some good, some not so good brought us back together.  I am always amazed when this happens, especially when it just feels "right" and "good" to share our learned life lessons over a bowl of soup.  This morning I had that visit on my mind when I glanced up on my wall and saw a painting entitled, "Wake up to Hope" something we had talked about yesterday.  The fact that we were much more hopeful and compassionate in these years of our lives after living through some "things".  Hope, love and the fact that we cannot make something "ok" for another person.  We have both grown and changed and become different over the years.  Maybe being gracefully broken has not been all in vain as we both feel we are becoming more of the people we were meant to be.  Thank God people can grow and change and move closer and closer to freedom and being "real".   I grabbed that painting off the wall and completely redid it and just felt it was now representing it's name...........

P.S.  I love you Martha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment