Friday, August 18, 2017

Welcome to Italy - SOLD




Recently I went on a marvelous painting workshop trip to Italy to paint with Trisha Adams https://trishaadams.com       The workshop was offered through Montorno Painting Workshops and I cannot say enough good things about the experience.  For one, Trisha is an excellent teacher and I learned so much from her expertise.  She took every opportunity to expose us to wonderful art via museums, marble studios and small quaint villages.  Not to mention that her teaching method included demos, critiques and lectures complete with visuals and exercises.  As in any workshop, it is also important to have a good group, one that is cohesive and willing to do what it takes, especially in hot weather and walking to sites that are sometimes very up hill.  In this case,  the other artists I met were such special people and I felt privileged to have been able to work along side them.  The group was hosted by Alessandro and Francesco Poli in their home and studio.  Each day they provided extraordinary meals that were worth the trip.  The areas we traveled to while painting were so full of beauty and character that it was hard to choose which site you wanted to paint.  The entire experience was one I will carry in my heart forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment