Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hello Handsome - SOLD


This is a close up of a cow that I painted earlier from a photo reference provided by Bonnie Sitter.  I love the look on this cow's face.  There are two other cows on each side of her but she seems to be looking into the camera lens.  I read a little about cows and I probably just sealed my fate as a vegetarian.  I found that in laboratory studies, young cattle are able to memorize the locations of several food sources and retain this memory for at least 8 hours. Fifteen-month-old heifers learn more quickly than adult cows which have had either one or two calvings, but their longer-term memory is less stable.  (I can identify with the the calves that do not learn as well after having children (calvings).)  Then I read that they are also able to discriminate between familiar individuals and among humans!!!  I will have green beans for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment