Saturday, May 21, 2016

Still Life


The genre of "Still Life" describes a painting featuring an arrangement of inanimate, everyday objects, whether natural objects (flowers, food, wine, etc.) or manufactured items (books, bottles, crockery, etc.).  According to the internet, the Tate Museum Glossary puts it very succinctly, defining the subject of a still life as "anything that does not move or is dead.  

If you use that last description I might be categorized as a still life.  Last night I met with four other long time artist friends, shared a wonderful meal and then stayed up all night and painted.  One of my friends has a wonderful farm complete with her own private studio.  We literally painted all night and after a wonderful breakfast, I drove home (1 1/2 hour drive).  I am really tired and  I have truly not moved much since I returned home  except to post this painting.   I might be a little out of shape for this.............

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/marcia-hodges/still-life-ii/479764

No comments:

Post a Comment