Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Old Red Barn - SOLD


A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to Colorado to paint with a wonderful artist, Julee Hutchison.  We are very excited about this privilege but I, for one do not fee very confident with Plein Air painting so I painted this weekend with the Alabama Plein Air group to try and get some practice.  I love painting outdoors as the colors are so vivid, the air is wonderful and you can hear birds chirping.  The downside is that there are bugs that do not even care if you wear bug spray, the sun is very hot if you do not have an umbrella (note to self - BUY one!) and I am sure there were snakes nearby when I was standing near the tall grass. 

To see more of Julee's work visit http://www.juleehutchison.com/paintings.php 

No comments:

Post a Comment