Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Has Sprung - SOLD



Recently I was with a friend at a local garden shop and feel in love with this cute, little odd shaped white vase and I found two poppies that worked nicely in it - one green and the other one pink.  I was thinking about the way I could use these in a painting while my friend was looking at a little owl decoration.  She said, "you always see a painting while I see a decoration or gift."  We laughed because that describes us pretty well.  We "see" with different eyes.  I loved the way this painting turned out.  I painted it with a palette knife which brings a softness and all kinds of unexpected surprises with the paint.  I have very neutral paint on my walls and these colors just work there.  I hope this painting finds a home but it just might turn out to be mine.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Marcia.........lovely and delicate. I would keep it if I were you.........

    ReplyDelete