Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chantel Barber Class

These pasts two weeks I have been on a quest.  Several of my artists friends suggested I take a course with Chantel Barber because they said we painted in a similar fashion.  Well I hope so because Chantel is a wonderful artist.  She uses acrylics is a masterful way and creates wonderful loose renditions  of portraits and other figurative works.  The class I am taking is a four week class and it is online so I have the advantage of painting when I find the time.  I have already learned so much from her - she is an excellent teacher and provides many learning opportunities related to our specific assignments and her critiques of those.  If you would like to see more of her work please visit her website at http://www.chantelsoriginals.com/home.html

The second part of my quest has been to read books that I have not been able to read with my past traveling schedule so I am engrossed in one this week suggested by my dear friend Susanne.  The book is entitled A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman.  The secondary title is "uncover the art you were made to live".  The book is so inspiring and not only to artists who paint or sing or dance but it inspires everyone to find the "art" in them - to consider our deeper desires - those things that make us come alive.  One of the quotes at the beginning of chapter one is by Seth Godin and says, "Art is when we do work that matters in a creative way, in a way that touches (people) and changes them for the better."   I love that and hope in some small way my art (which happens to be painting) does that.

Below are two of the paintings I did this week:

Jonathan


She Speaks to Angels


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Marcia, so glad you are having a good class!!

    ReplyDelete