Friday, October 30, 2015

Friends and Flower Pots - SOLD



In case you haven't noticed, I am painting like a mad woman.  I recently retired and have attended two weeks of art instruction from two separate artists.  Each artist will tell you that it takes painting miles of canvas to get better and I am knocking out some miles these days.  I even dream in color!  I had lunch with a friend recently and we found the cutest little colorful pots on sale and I thought they would be great for setups for still life painting.  I am not sure why I even thought that as I do not even like to paint still life but I wanted to "branch out" and get some miles.  I added a few pink gerber daisies, set up the still life and got started and hated it!  Then I remembered a technique taught by a fellow artist, Julie Oliver.  The technique is called Fracturing.  Julie uses a palette knife and a little squeegie tool to complete the process.  It takes longer to paint the painting but I love the results.  As she states, it creates an active surface. You can order a short video on her site that describes the technique and she will instruct you on how to create the simple tool.  If you have any questions email me and I will try to help as well.

If you would like to see more of Julie's wonderful work visit her website here  http://www.juliefordoliver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment