Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Art class with Casey Baugh

I am in Woodstock Georgia this week taking a portrait class with Casey Baugh.  I have loved the teaching style of this young man.  His work is amazing and his philosophy of painting is like none I have every known.  He changes EVERYTHING that I have previously learned and I think I have always known in my heart that the way to a great painting is to listen to your "gut" not rules.  He gives wonderful advice about the most important things to remember and of course, number 1 on his list is what you find on most ---Value - Value - Value.....get that right and everything else will follow.  We are painting from models in the studio and he dedicates individual time to each student.  There are some amazing artists painting with me.   Casey told us he is taking time off from teaching for the next couple of years to dedicate time to his painting.  I am so glad to have gotten in to this class.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing portrait. Love it all, but especially the play of warm and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great values! You are lucky to be able to study with Casey and it looks like it is paying off! Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an opportunity to have taken instruction from Casey Baugh. It looks like you paid attention! Wonderful painting!!

    ReplyDelete