Sunday, November 30, 2014

Goldie - SOLD

I love the site Paint My Photo. The site is a place where photographers supply photos for artists to paint.  I so appreciate the talented photographers on the site.  It takes an artist to capture lovely photographs, especially photos that tell a story and it is such a gift to be on the receiving end of such talent. I found the reference photo, Goldfinch on Hydreagea on the site by Cynthia Roudebush.  I was drawn to this little bird who looks like she is contemplating the colors in the hydrangrea. The color of her feathers and the colors in the plant compliment each other so well.   I painted this on a 6" x 6" gallery wrapped canvas and it can be purchased at http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/marcia-hodges/goldie/294144

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I am sure the photographer must be flattered...the subject spoke to both of you!

    ReplyDelete