Monday, September 1, 2014

Floatation Preparation - GIFTED

I had a young friend send me the greatest message today that she got from C.S.Lewis, "When you painted on earth - at least in your earlier days- it was because you caught glimpses of Heaven in the earthly landscape.  The success of your painting was that it enabled others to see the glimpses too."

I do think the ocean is a glimpse of Heaven and I would be so thankful if my paintings brought a glimpse of Heaven to anyone.    What a great thought!

This summer I spent some time at the beach with some good friends and I admired this lady from the shore.  She was happy and enjoying her day in the ocean.

If you like this painting and would like to have it - Good!   I am giving it away.  Please go to my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ArtistMarciaHodges) and like my page and share on your FB page (if you have one) and in the comments under the picture write the word Share.  This Saturday I will draw the name of the winner....check back on my page on Saturday.   (If you do not have a FB page just leave me a note here. 


2 comments:

  1. Such a nice sense of fun about this! I like the happier side of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is wonderful! You are going to make the winner very happy....

    ReplyDelete