Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Namaste - SOLD

This little hummingbird came from a reference photo by Valavan Manohararajah.  I am looking for photos to paint as I am committed to painting something every day as often as I can.  I am getting out early before work and then painting in the evenings when it is cool outside after work.  This one is a little different but I like the way he turned out.  I am also trying to be more consistent with my morning yoga.  In Yoga, the gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. Nama means bow, as means I, and te means you. Therefore, namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you." This little guy looks peaceful and is viewing the bird of paradise flower as if to say "I bow to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment