Sunday, August 17, 2014

Besties - SOLD

I thought I had a great idea.  I have noticed some burlap canvases at Hobby Lobby lately and I thought those would make such a great texture to work on.  It has a very rough texture and I like the color so I thought it might be nice to have some of the color show through the painting.  


There are times when someone will ask me to paint a painting similar to one that has already sold.  I never paint the same painting again but there are times when I try to accommodate the request by painting a similar one.  I can honestly say I will NEVER paint on burlap again (unless the price is right, of course).  The burlap soaks and soaks up the paint and you have to keep applying, keep tweaking your colors and then apply again and again.  The texture is very rough and because of that the strokes are very hard to control.  When I come up from the deck where I have been painting, my husband will always ask me, "Well, how did it go?"  My answer is usually, "I learned something today."  That is truly the case with this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment