Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rose Challenge

I try to complete the weekly challenge for DPW so that I can expose myself to different subjects.  This week the challenge was to paint a rose bush.  I am so insecure when painting roses because I see some artists who can really paint beautiful, realistic roses!   My third grade teacher told me I could paint roses and I have always remembered that even though it was many, many years ago.  I tried to pull from that encouragement when I entered this challenge.  I was surprised that I saw a little blue in the picture that was provided and so I painted by background with an undercoat of blue - I did find that I liked the way it showed through. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Marcia!! Who needs "realistic" when you can paint such a beautiful impression? Simply wonderful...

    ReplyDelete