Sunday, February 2, 2014

Say Cheese

I got this reference photo of a little girl taking a picture of a bird on a Facebook artist reference photo site.  Unfortunately I got the name of the person who published it and I put it in a real safe place....so safe I cannot find it.  When I do I will post the name.  It is always helpful to have access to reference photos and there are several sites that provide these.  Some of my favorites are Morgue File,
WetCanvas and Artists Reference Photos on Facebook.  I got these ideas from Taryn Day.  She is a wonderful artist and has an ArtByte for purchase on the Daily Paintworks site.  In fact, there are several ArtBytes here or small videos you can purchase that cover several interesting topics that will provide teaching opportunities to push you along in your painting journey.  I study the art of others as often as I can but I have found the most beneficial thing I can do is to paint every chance I get.  I hope you enjoy this little girl and she makes you smile.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, wonderful--big smile! And thanks for sharing your reference sources, too, Marcia...

    ReplyDelete