Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I am working in Long Island, New York this week and the day of my arrival I was very brave, took a train downtown and then a taxi to visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  The effort was so worth the trouble.  There is no way to describe the paintings of great artists by photos online and especially with my poor photography skills per my iPhone but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.  (This museum actually allows photos as long as no flash is used.)  The painting above is entitled "Arabs Crossing the Desert" by Jean Leon Cerome.  I am usually drawn to Impressionistic paintings but this one was so amazing that it caught my eye.  There were no visible brushstrokes and the painting actually looked "real".  The colors were vibrant and the detail was superb.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment